Re: alpine_1.0+dfsg-2_source.changes REJECTED

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

Rejected: source only uploads are not supported.

That's exactly the point: at the moment, source-only uploads are
REJECTED. You have to provide at least the binaries for one
architecture.

Interesting. Is there a reason for this policy, or is it just historical?

Is it possible to ask the buildds to rebuild my package on all architectures as part of an upload?

No. If you want to *rebuild* a package using the very same source already in the archive, you can read about binNMUs. But that only happens for good reasons (e.g. transitions). That's not a workaround so that source-only uploads can happen.

Got it, now I understand the way things work. I still have the above question about why they work that way.

Thanks for the quick reply!

-- Asheesh.

--
Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow.