Re: alpine_1.0+dfsg-2_source.changes REJECTED

On 12/01/2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> I'm a Debian Maintainer now and am uploading a new release of my
> package alpine, for which I successfully uploaded 1.0+dfsg-1 to the
> archive.

Indeed, check[1].

 1. http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/alpine/news/20080105T014704Z.html

> I noticed that according to
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=alpine , the Debian archive
> never builds i386 packages.  To my surprise, it accepts the binary
> .debs I upload with the source package.

It accepts any binary package you upload together with the source
package. If you upload from amd64, it then won't build an amd64 package,
but use the one you uploaded instead.

> >Rejected: source only uploads are not supported.

That's exactly the point: at the moment, source-only uploads are
REJECTED. You have to provide at least the binaries for one
architecture.

> Is it possible to ask the buildds to rebuild my package on all
> architectures as part of an upload?

No. If you want to *rebuild* a package using the very same source
already in the archive, you can read about binNMUs. But that only
happens for good reasons (e.g. transitions). That's not a workaround so
that source-only uploads can happen.

--
Cyril Brulebois