Auto-building many manpages: redundant work for the buildds ?

Le Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 05:04:35PM +0200, Daniel Leidert a écrit :

> Just a suggestion: Leave the script inside debian/manpages and remove
> all manpages inside this directory via something like
>
> [ -s debian/emboss.manpages ] && cat debian/emboss.manpage | xargs rm -f
>
> So you have the directory and the script inside it. However, I don't see
> anything useful in the empty debian/patches directory. If you just leave
> it there for the future, you don't need to ship it, as long as you don't
> use it.

Hi Daniel,

for the patches directory, the non-inclusion when it is empty sounds
more like a feature than a bug indeed.

I will do something like you suggested for the manpage, maybe rm
debian/manpages/*1 debian/manpages*xml.

Discussing with Nelson, the co-maintainer of emboss, we were wondering
if this mass-building was a bit a waste of buildd time since they are
all the same for all arches, and if we could build them offline and ship
them in the diff instead. What is your opinion of this? Or maybe
shipping them in an arch: all package would help reducing the load on
the weaker buildds ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles