Re: Svn-buildpakcage ignoring some directories.

Le Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 01:26:01AM +0200, Daniel Leidert a écrit :

> I'm not sure, that this is a svn-buildpackage issue. svn-buildpackage
> exports the whole directory. What I can see is, that the clean target
> runs:
>
> [..]
> rm -rf debian/manpages/*
> [..]
>
> But this empties the whole directory. I guess, that's the reason, why
> it's missing in the diff. And

Thanks everybody for all your answers.

Indeed, I did not know that empty directories would not be included in
the diff.gz file. However, svn-buildpackage does not ignore them for the
building of binary packages, so things which worked in my svn repository
did not in the cowbuilder.

I was indeed wonering wether the fact that debian/manpage is empty would
be a problem, so that is why I tried to transfer the manpage building
script in it. Howvever at that late moment in the night, I forgot about
the rm -rf in the clean rule. So the directory was empty at the creation
of the diff.gz :(

Now, I have put a non-empty placeholder file in debian/manpages. It is
not very pretty, but it works. However, I hope that we can some day swich
to this new format of source package where the debian directory is
contained in a tar.gz file. It just looks more simple...

(For debian/patches, well, when it is empty it is not causing trouble
that it is included in diff.gz)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy