Re: Strange problem with upstream sources (needing to repackage?)

* Rogério Brito [Mon, 16 Jul 2007 04:15:02 -0300]:

> Should I maintain it in disagreement with the Debian
> Policy?

You really can't do that, nothing will work.

> So, again my question: should I repackage the upstream sources? And if
> so, how should that be done,

You should not repacakge the tarball, but just rename it:

  % mv diskdev_cmds-332.tar.gz diskdev-cmds_332.orig.tar.gz

  (Assuming that the version number is 332).

Also, you have to name your source package "diskdev-cmds" (or some other
Policy-compliant name), not "diskdev_cmds", that is not possible.

HTH, good luck.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                                   Listening to: Lhasa - Abro la ventana