Re: RFS: dir2ogg -- audio file converter into ogg-vorbis format

Am Dienstag, den 17.07.2007, 13:56 -0600 schrieb Oleksandr Moskalenko:
> I think you should discuss avoiding effort duplication with Christian.
Christian could have filed an ITP. I now develop this software and when
it is in unstable, Christian can remove it from his archive.

> * The man page has errors. For instance,
>
> -m or --convert-m4a
> convert M4A files to OGG. Only used with -d or -r. Requires faad.
>
> -f or --convert-wma
> convert M4A files to OGG. Only used with -d or -r. Requires mplayer.
>
> See the "M4A" duplication?
Will be fixed in 0.10.1

> * README file that you ship in the package has erroneous installation and
> licensing sections.
What exactly do you mean?

> * Oh, and dir2ogg is buggy in non-ascii character handling in file tags. For
> instance, an attempt to convert an m4a file with a non-ascii string in the
> tags results in the following error:

This will be fixed in 0.11 by using mutagen to write the tags to the
file.

--
Julian Andres Klode

IRC Nickname:   juliank (Debian/OFTC + Freenode, GimpNet)
Fellow of FSFE: https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/jak (No. 1049)
Debian Wiki:    http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode
Ubuntu Wiki:    http://wiki.ubuntu.com/JulianAndresKlode
In Launchpad:   https://launchpad.net/~juliank
My packages:  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jak@jak-linux.org
Languages:      German, English, [bit French]