Re: RFS: gimmie

Thierry Randrianiriana wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Sorry for the delay, I'm very busy these last weeks,
> I changed the package and uploaded it.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gimmie/gimmie_0.2.7-1.dsc
>
> Michael Biebl wrote:
>
>> 4.) ./configure checks for a couple of python modules like gmenu etc,
>> which are are not added to the the Depends list of gimmie. Could you
>> elaborate on that? Should these python modules be added to the list of
>> runtime dependencies?
> fixed, I added these dependencies to Build-Depends

I have investigated that in detail, but aren't those python packages
runtime dependencies rather than build dependencies? Could you please
check if python-gmenu et al are necessary or at least enhance the
functionality of gimmie and as such should be added to Depends or
Recommends.

>> 6.) inlined copy of libsexy
>> gimmie uses a inlined copy of libsexy. I would very much prefer if
>> gimmie could be made to use the system libsexy. See [2] for more
>> details. Maybe you can also forward this information to upstream.
>>
> done

Hm, it still seems to use it's private copy of libsexy. Do you think it
would be feasible for you to write a patch that makes use of the system
python-sexy module?
If you are too busy atm I can upload it as is, but I definitely want to
see that fixed in the future (and also pushed upstream).

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?