Re: Broken uploads to mentors.debian.net

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:06:26 +0200
Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:

> > > How come the .dsc file mentions an orig file that is not uploaded? All
> > > files mentioned in the .dsc file must be uploaded. I'm confused.
> >
> > Is there some way of detecting a failed FTP upload and removing the
> > corrupted files?
>
> If files are missing that are listed in the .changes file then the
> upload is rejected altogether. So I wonder how that could have lead to
> this problem.
>
>  Christoph

Does the process that checks the .changes file against the directory
contents also check the md5sum? The .orig.tar.gz in the directory had a
different md5sum to the .orig.tar.gz listed in the corrupt .dsc -
however it had exactly the same filename (this was due to a problem
with upstream that resulted in us forcing an increment in
the .orig.tar.gz version).

--

Neil Williams