changelog entries - ubuntu?

During a recent upgrade of my Debian Sid box,  I noticed the
following changelog entry:

f-spot (0.2.2-0ubuntu1) feisty; urgency=low

  * Update to 0.2.2 upstream

Perhaps I've already missed a discussion on this. If so, I'd
appreciate a link/pointer so that I can read up.  But if not, then
are their guidelines or policy statements somewhere that explain
how and when Ubuntu releases are incorporated into Debian?

I maintain a handful of Debian packages and am genuinely curious
about this and am not trying to start a heated debate.

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941