Re: Help regarding package with shared objects

Hi Paul,

you should definitely read

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

It should answer most of your questions, including package layout and
the role of -dev packages.

Regarding the install location: does your package use autoconf?
You then probably simply need to pass a --prefix=/usr parameter
to the configure script to install it in the proper places.
Otherwise you might need to further examine the build
and install mechanism of your package ...

Don't know about your general Debian packaging knowhow, but some other
"must reads" are:

http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide
http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#devref
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/

Regards,

	Andreas

Paul Cager wrote:
> If you are able to help me with some problems I am having packaging an
> application with some shared objects (.so libraries), I would be very
> grateful. I know very little about SOs, and even after a bit of research
[...]