Re: Removing former conffiles

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:

>> >     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> > This would be a problem.
>>
>> Why?  What problem?
>
> You've now got a conffile in a location which is not /etc, namely
> /var/lib/bla, which cannot be overridden by the administrator.

No, I don't.  The program reads its configuration from a file in
/var/lib/bla, but the conffiles (or configuration files) reside in
/etc/bla/bla.d.

> Instead, I'd suggest having the symlink in /usr/share/bla pointing to
> /etc/bla.cnf which then in the default install is a symlink to
> /var/lib/bla or whatever is appropriate; if the user has modified the
> configuration file, you don't stick in the symlink.

That's a possible approach;  however teTeX is different.  There's an
other method to override the Debian integration.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)