Re: Removing former conffiles

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> - if it is changed, either keep it and insert a comment at its
>   beginning that it is unused, or move/rename it. In all cases where
>   the file's presence could have a bad effect, I renamed or moved
>   it.

Just a word of caution here: If the administrator has modified the
file, you should not rename or move it, as they may know better than
you what they're doing. A proper course of action would be warning
them, and/or offering to remove the files in question via debconf.

Additionally, you should check to make sure whether you're upgrading
from a version after this transition; if that's the case, you
shouldn't rename/delete either.

Don Armstrong

--
It was said that life was cheap in Ankh-Morpork. This was, of course,
completely wrong. Life was often very expensive; you could get death