Re: RFC: quilt-el

* Mon 2006-07-03 Yavor Doganov <yavor AT doganov.org>
> On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 20:41:12 +0300, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
>> Use 3. When the upstream releases new version you can drop the patches.
>> Using dpatch(1) to manage this is easy
> Given the name of the package in question, I don't really think that
> he'd be using dpatch ;-}

I have found that the duo works best this way:

- init quilt
- make changes under quilt supervisions
- when satisfied, convert to dpatch

[ repeat for as many patches as needed ]

I wouldn't use quilt alone, because it is stack based and I mostly try
to make all patches completely separate from each other.

To the original poster: for more information on dpatch and how to use
it in debian/rules, see my previous mail: