Re: [gmail] Re: sponsor quake3 quake3-data packages

> Right; You can also do whatever you want to a file whose name is
> outputted by a successful invocation of mktemp, but note that this
> probably wont play nice with wget.  If fn=`mktemp`, and you wget -O
> $fn, then wget will probably call its outupt $fn.1, since $fn exists
> (as a requirement for this to be done safely way, it must be created
> before the name is outputted).

I decided to put the files in /root/ (like it was in the quake2
package). The main reason for this is that the downloads are
considerable and I can assume that users don't want to discard them as
easily as a temp file (2x around 40 MB).

AFAIK, this is also the strategy of realplayeri (when I still used
it). Maybe there is a better location for such files.

--
  greetz, marc
Human. It's kinda like Sebacean, but we haven't conquered other worlds