Re: All files are in DESTDIR but non will be copied into the packages

On Thursday 10 November 2005 19:25, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> I try to create packages for sipX from sipfoundry.org. This is a PBX
> like asterisk and is composed of a few subprojects like sipXportLib,
> sipXtackLib...
> I now tried to create a package for sipXportLib.
> What I have done up to now:
> 1. Read http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ completely :-)
> 2. executed dh_make -e <my email address>
> 3. filled files like copyright, control and so on with useful
> information 4. tried to build it via dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> This has completed successfully, but inside the packages data.tar.gz ins
> nearly empty. There exists only parts of the data that belongs to the
> debian subdirectory (like usr/share/doc/sipxportlib/copyright). No libs,
> nothing. The same for the -dev package: No documentation, include files
> and so on.

Sounds to me like you haven't properly done the debian/rules file. It's
generally the makefile which compiles and creates all the packages.

Please read:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules

And look at all the dh_* scripts in the debian/rules script. Each of them
has a manpage. You may want to read it. E.g. dh_install is copying files
from your source directory into the directory where the Debian package
will be built. And there is a file like debian/$PACKAGE.install which
lists files installed by dh_install.

> If I look now to the debian subdirectory, there are three subdirectories
> tmp (which is my DESTDIR in the rules file), sipxportlib and
> sipxportlib-dev.

Those are probably the same names as the binary package that you configured
in your debian/control file.

Showing us your package so far may also help giving you a hint.

 Christoph
--
~
~