Re: [gmail] Re: sponsor quake3 quake3-data packages

> (most of these problems are probably inherited from the quake2
> packaging you used). You will have to fix most of these before
> someone should sponsor the package.

They were all quickly fixed. My intention was to see if anyone was
interested in the first place, then do more fundamental functionality
improvements and finally cleaned up. The other way around works too :)

> W: quake3: binary-without-manpage q3a

That I have to write, I know, working on it.

> I: quake3: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 4568kB 99%

The quake3 binary is already over 1.5 MB, and some additional .so files.
Since share should be architecture independent packages, the so, and
binary should be moved to /usr/lib (the binary itself is called by a
wrapper script).

the pk3 hierarchy should remain in /usr/share/

> W: quake3-data: possibly-insecure-handling-of-tmp-files-in-maintainer-script postinst:225

I use /tmp/ for the place to download the point and demo files. This
used to be /root/. Since I do not think temporary installs should be
dl'd there, I moved them to tmp. The extraction of the file is done in a
dir with tempfile. I could move this one level deeper and again use
tmpfile, but from a functional point of view, this does not change much,
especially since the warning only kicks in when the default from
templates is emptied out in the user interaction.

--
  greetz, marc
I'm a guy, I'll probably be back in fifteen minutes.