Re: [RFS] crystalcursors and kde-icons-nuovext

Christoph Haas wrote:

> On Saturday 15 October 2005 14:59, Bastian Venthur wrote:
[...]
>> kde-icons-nuovext
>>  + http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kde-icons-nuovext.html
>>  + http://venthur.de/debian/nuovext/
>>     closes: #324505 (Includes text files under /usr/share/icons)
>
> Notes for kde-icons-nuovext:
> - why are you using "gzip -9"? I'd prefer dh_compress

Done.

> - why move the documentation around manually instead of using
>   dh_installdocs?

Done.

> - the download URL is mentioned in <http://> brackets. Why?
>   It is not an email address.

Done.

> - it may be a matter of taste but I would not extract the upstream
>   tarball right into the debian/... directory. Why not using that file
>   as an *.orig.tar.gz. Okay, it's too late for this upstream version
>   since Debian already has your *.orig.tar.gz in the archives.
>   It appears like your current *.orig.tar.gz consists of the real
>   *.orig.tar.gz. Do I miss a reason why it's done this way?
>   I would rather do it the dh_make way and install the files with
>   dh_install.

Done, I've changed it to a more standard-compilant method.

Thanks for pointing out all these ugly bugs. When I created this package
this was one of my first packages and the -2 fix is quite old too. I think
I've learned a bit in the meanwhile. The rules file looks *much* better
now.

-2 never hit the archive. To test the -vVersion Option, I created a -3
version with a rather verbose changelog. I hope this is Ok this time.

Kind Regards

Bastian