Re: sysinfo upstream tarball problems

Hi,

Adriaan Peeters wrote:

W: sysinfo source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log

How can I resolve this without an override?

Not at all. It's an error upstream has made, but unless it affects the build in a harmful way (which I doubt) I would just leave it at that and ignore the warning until upstream releases a fixed package.

Furthermore I had to rerun automake because the original Makefile
installed extra doc files under /usr/doc/sysinfo. Is this the correct
solution or should I remove the files after running upstream make?

Both solutions are correct, modifying the Makefile is easier to understand for someone else looking at the package and will also show a conflict if upstream fixes it so you know when to remove the workaround. So IMO that one is preferable.

   Simon