Re: RFS: plans -- web calendar

Re: Craig Small in <20050912021426.GD13471@enc.com.au>
> > > IMO, the description should be about the application, it shouldn't
> > > be a comparative.
> >
> > Agreed. I'd say rather that enough information about the application
> > should be included so that the reader can make their own comparison.
>
> You can do both. If your package has feature "flaming unicycles" while
> package foo does not, just mention that feature, but no need to mention
> that foo doesn't have it.
>
> Putting it another way.  You are a user and you want a web calendar
> thingy?  Which package satisfies your requirements better?  Obviously
> there is only so much a package description can do.

The good thing about Debian is choice. The bad thing about Debian is
choice. I always like it very much when a package description says
"this package supports A (but not B), whereas the bla package supports
B (and only an outdated version of A)".

Given 3 packages A, B, and C, and A says that "it supports blubb,
which B does not", I usually prefer A over B and C, whatever the value
of "blubb" is ;-)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/