Re: RFS: plans -- web calendar

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:36:39AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> On 12-Sep-2005, Carlos Parra Camargo wrote:
> > IMO, the description should be about the application, it shouldn't
> > be a comparative.
>
> Agreed. I'd say rather that enough information about the application
> should be included so that the reader can make their own comparison.

You can do both. If your package has feature "flaming unicycles" while
package foo does not, just mention that feature, but no need to mention
that foo doesn't have it.

Putting it another way.  You are a user and you want a web calendar
thingy?  Which package satisfies your requirements better?  Obviously
there is only so much a package description can do.

 - Craig (who longs for the day one of these things is buildable AND
   integrates into OE)
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer