Re: RFS: xmms-musepack - input plugin for playing mpc music files.

On 13-Sep-2005, Christoph Berg wrote:
> debian/copyright:
> [...]
> | License:
> | Copyright (c) The Regents of the University of California.
> | All rights reserved.
>
> I'm sure this is wrong :)
>
> Apart from that, no source file includes a (C) statement. You might
> want to ask upstream to include that in the next release.

A useful copyright statement has one of these forms:

    Copyright YYYY, YYYY, YYYY CopyrightHolderName
    Copyright © YYYY, YYYY, YYYY CopyrightHolderName

The list of publication years is essential (since copyright is
theoretically not held forever). In a copyright notice, the word
"Copyright", the abbreviation "Copr.", and the "©" copyright symbol
are all interchangeable; but the sequence '(C)' is legally null, so
use the proper symbol instead.

    <URL:http://inventors.about.com/od/copyrights/a/CopyrightNotice.htm>
    <URL:http://www.benedict.com/info/Law/Notice.aspx>

--
 \       "When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a |
  `\   closet for five minutes without moving. He said it was elevator |