Re: RFS: wcalc

Hi Daniele,

Am Sonntag, den 11.09.2005, 01:13 +0200 schrieb Daniele Sempione:
> Hi Kilian,
>
> > excellent. Can you provide the updated packs so they can be uploaded?
> yes, http://ilcrow.altervista.org/wcalc-2.0.stuff.tar

well, i have just grabbed that copy and compared it with the upstream
tarball:
$ LC_ALL=C diff -qr Wcalc-2.0 wcalc-2.0
Only in Wcalc-2.0: .DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0: ._.DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0: .cvsignore
Only in Wcalc-2.0: CVS
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: .DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: ._.DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: .cvsignore
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: CVS
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib: CVS
Only in Wcalc-2.0/Wcalc.xcodeproj: CVS
Only in wcalc-2.0: config.guess
Only in wcalc-2.0: config.sub
Only in wcalc-2.0: debian
Only in wcalc-2.0: parser.c
Only in wcalc-2.0: parser.h
Only in wcalc-2.0: scanner.c
$

apparently config.* and parser.* as well as scanner.c are still present.
Could you fix these please?

The debian/changelog still contains:
  * Adjusted the `configure' to fix the install dir and the man dir

This is no longer needed. The --prefix use was moved to debian/rules.

About the debian/copyright, i'm not entirely sure it really meets all
the standards pointed out by
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/12/msg00007.html, but
the point which disturbes me each time again is that the section
"License:" talks about since when the copyright is held rather than the
line above which is named "copyright holder". It's just a personal
preference, no need to edit this if you think it's ok like is.
What is most probably missing here is the citation of the GPL as laid
out in that HOWTO above.

> > IIRC, the only open issue was the missing manpage, right?
> the manpage contains a warning (a long line that can't be broken)

ok, no prob. If you could just purge debian/rules of all unneeded
debhelper lines and fix the above disparity with the upstream tarball,
i'll sponsor the upload.

(Btw. officially you'd want an ITP against wnpp which'd be closed, but
it's not mandantory, so no need to start opening that bug now)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian