Re: RFS: wcalc

Hi Daniele,

Am Sonntag, den 04.09.2005, 23:44 +0200 schrieb Daniele Sempione:
> Hi Kilian,
>
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:46:05PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> > For review and successful sponsorship you need to provide the
> > *.orig.tar.gz (which should be the same as on w-calc.sf.net unless you
> > need to repackage for a VERY GOOD REASON), the *.diff.gz and the *.dsc.
> You can find those files here: http://ilcrow.altervista.org/wcalc-2.0.stuff.tar
> I removed the CVS directories from the *.rig.tar.gz.. is it an error?

Let's see:

$ diffstat *.diff.gz
 config.guess                    | 1466 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 config.sub                      | 1579 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 configure                       |    6
 debian/changelog                |    7
 debian/compat                   |    1
 debian/control                  |   21
 debian/copyright                |   17
 debian/docs                     |    4
 debian/info                     |    1
 debian/rules                    |  107 ++
 debian/source.lintian-overrides |    1
 debian/watch                    |   23

You altered the default prefix in configure, as well as using the
--prefix=/usr as parameter to configure. No need to patch this.

Moreover the config.guess and config.sub are derived from autotools-dev.
I guess you have taken the examples from README.Debian there; however i
prefer to be running debuild without complaining about altered
*.orig.tar.gz. That means your autotools and clean target should install
and cleanup nicely. There's also some nice hints for cross-compilation
which come in pretty handy (the confflags thingy). You might want to add
these too.

Removing CVS dirs isn't really bad, but you might want to convince your
upstream to release proper tarballs with "make dist". Anyway, there's
resulting diff in your orig.tar.gz compared to the 2.0 release on the
website in your watch:
$ LC_ALL=C diff -qr Wcalc-2.0 wcalc-2.0
Only in Wcalc-2.0: .DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0: ._.DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0: .cvsignore
Only in Wcalc-2.0: CVS
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: .DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: ._.DS_Store
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: .cvsignore
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj: CVS
Only in Wcalc-2.0/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib: CVS
Only in Wcalc-2.0/Wcalc.xcodeproj: CVS
Only in wcalc-2.0: config.guess
Only in wcalc-2.0: config.sub
Files Wcalc-2.0/configure and wcalc-2.0/configure differ
Only in wcalc-2.0: debian
Only in wcalc-2.0: parser.c
Only in wcalc-2.0: parser.h
Only in wcalc-2.0: scanner.c
$

What's the 3 files you've added? Missing in the clean target?

Are you sure Readme.rtf is a good choice for a readme file format?
Somewhat it comes quite illegible in my vim. ;)

Finally the lintian-overrides, I'm not sure this should be patched out.
Rather propose a fix to your upstream. In the meantime you might want to
use a dpatch if you feel like removing this warning.

> > The resulting deb should not be getting any errors or warnings in
> > neither lintian and linda and it should build clean in a recent SID
> > environment.
> I get one warning from the man page because there is a very long line, but
> some people said me it doesn't matter..

Should be alright, I guess. ;)

Apart from the comments above this should be ok to be sponsored.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian