Re: RFS: wcalc

Hi Daniele,

> > Moreover the config.guess and config.sub are derived from autotools-dev.
> > I guess you have taken the examples from README.Debian there; however i
> > prefer to be running debuild without complaining about altered
> > *.orig.tar.gz. That means your autotools and clean target should install
> > and cleanup nicely. There's also some nice hints for cross-compilation
> > which come in pretty handy (the confflags thingy). You might want to add
> > these too.
> uhm, right now I don't know what to do here

i was talking about this:
-(snip)-
export DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE  ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
export DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)

# FOR AUTOCONF 2.52 AND NEWER ONLY
ifeq ($(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE), $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE))
  confflags += --build $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
else
  confflags += --build $(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) --host $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
endif

        ./configure $(confflags) \
-(snip)-

replacing your existing option to configure. Not really much to alter
from what you have.

> > Only in wcalc-2.0: parser.c
> > Only in wcalc-2.0: parser.h
> > Only in wcalc-2.0: scanner.c
> >
> > What's the 3 files you've added? Missing in the clean target?
> Yes, they are, should I do something with them?

well, basically the idea is as follows:
1.) take the *.orig.tar.gz as comes from upstream
2.) apply *.diff.gz (should only add the debian/ dir)
3.) run "debuild -us -uc -rfakeroot" or whatever you like best.
4.) run debclean or "fakeroot debian/rules clean"
5.) check that the result is nothing but what you had after step 2.

For this you need to add the 3 files to the clean target and preferably
let your upstream know they still lack in his Makefile.

As a general note, "make clean" should get you back to where you run
configure (before running make); "make distclean" should get you to
where you run autogen.sh in a cvs checkout of a development snapshot.

Thus, these 3 files still need to be purged from the diff.

> > Are you sure Readme.rtf is a good choice for a readme file format?
> > Somewhat it comes quite illegible in my vim. ;)
> eheh.. I thought I can't edit such things.. anyway, now I converted it to
> text and put it in README, I also removed it's `Installation section' ..

Well, as you now ship a README, you should include that into debian/ not
as the topdir README. It's also probably a good idea to discuss this as
well with your upstream for general consideration. =)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian