Re: Willing to adopt a few orphaned packages

Hi Stan,

Am Freitag, den 09.09.2005, 10:19 -0700 schrieb Stan Vasilyev:
> Bas Wijnen wrote:
>
> >I think the question is: "If I create a package of this, will someone sponsor
> >

> That's exactly what I had in mind. I would like to know if it's
> reasonable for me to adopt some of the packages I listed. I could just
> go ahead and start packaging all of them but I fear that most of them
> are going to get rejected and thrown away from Debian. I want to
> concentrate on those packages that matter.

if you think that you can't cope with all of them, don't try to. Just
choose the packages you're willing to use yourself, do a proper
packaging, review all open bugreports and close them down as strongly as
you can, make the debs build and install cleanly and offer them
publically. Once they're available for review, paste the URL here and be
ready for some creative feedback. As soon as all open issues the mentors
have still found have been addressed, they're ready to go into the
archive.

For sure no work will be thrown away, if it's done decently. But just
doing some orphan-takeover on a "by amount" basis will not get you the
DD faster. Rather do the ones you really like yourself well.

Just my 2¢.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian