Re: Willing to adopt a few orphaned packages

On 08-Sep-2005, Stan Vasilyev wrote:
> I was browsing through the list of orphaned packages and I saw a few
> that I'm willing to adopt.

Excellent, thank you.

> The problem is that I'm not a Debian developer yet and I will need a
> sponsor to upload the packages.

Please read the debian-mentors FAQ:

    <URL:http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html>

> I already have experience with packaging auctiongallery and
> wlassistant but none was uploaded yet.

First you will need a place to host the source packages for other
people to inspect. If you don't have your own space, this service is
specifically designed for debian-mentors:

    <URL:http://mentors.debian.net/>

> I am wondering if anyone is willing to sponsor my work on some of
> the orphaned packages I listed below.

Prospective sponsors will need to know that you've read the FAQ and
addressed its issues.

Then they will need to see your new source packages that you want
sponsored. Post here with the URL to the source packages you have
created.

--
 \        "My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. |
  `\            Unless there are three other people."  -- Orson Welles |