Re: RFS: auctiongallery -- Generates picture galleries and HTML templates for auction descriptions

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:40:34PM -0700, Stan Vasilyev wrote:
> I searched lots of scripting FAQs but didn't find a way to find the
> location of home dir. The problem is that when the postinst script runs,
> it runs as root and $HOME variable contains /root not /home. Should I
> just abandon that idea and post in documentation that my software needs
> manual configuration after install? Is it against Debian rules to ask
> the user to enter a directory path in the postinst script?
FHS says that /home/ is for users, no?  If this is something a user
should be able to run (as I understand it is), then it should be
configurable without root rights, and the postinst is root-only.
Justin