Re: depending on a customized library

Michael K Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Oddly, -DPARALLEL_MARK may improve the situation for UP thread-local
> allocation, because it results in the use of an implementation of
> GC_malloc_many (used to refill thread-local free lists) that may be
> better tuned for thread-local usage patterns (as well as more
> concurrent).

It seems to improve performance slightly, but not that much.  It's still
slower than the single-threaded version.  Then again, the tests that I'm
running aren't that big (they're actually pretty small), so the
difference in GC_malloc_many probably doesn't have much of a chance to
show up.  I'll see if I can get some bigger tests.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA