Re: debian/rules: Moving to debhelper or cdbs

On 17-May-2005, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> Don't do it without the maintainer's go-ahead.  The current best
> practice is to use whatever (non-evil thing that) works for the
> maintainer.

I'm surprised that people have consistently read "submit patches" as
somehow bypassing the maintainer, or telling him what to do. To whom
would I be submitting the patches, if not the maintainer?

I'm curious what you all had in mind that I was going to be doing;
clearly something socially unacceptable. I don't see what that is
though.

--
 \        "When I was a baby I kept a diary. Recently I was re-reading |
  `\   it, it said 'Day 1: Still tired from the move. Day 2: Everybody |