Re: RFS: Peercast

Romain Beauxis <beauxir5@cti.ecp.fr> writes:

> Le Dimanche 27 Février 2005 19:16, Philipp Kern a écrit :
>> On 27 Feb 2005, at 17:06, Romain Beauxis wrote:
>> > I've tried my best to make it the more clean as possible.
>>
>> Please remove the ``when to start peercast?'' question from the Debconf
>> part of your package. Stuff like this should be your decision, not the
>> one of the user. If both icecast and peercast cannot be started at the
>> same time, please add a ``Conflicts'' for icecast.
>
> Yes that is the main problem, because it may depends on the end user
> configuration.
> Will the Conflicts for icecast prevent from installing both of them?

Yes. See Policy 7.3 (you should probably (re-)read the Policy ;)

>> Second point... Please wrap the changelog after 80 chars. It looks ugly
>> in a normal terminal.
>
> ok I will
>
>> And why is "+radiopi" mentioned in the version of
>> the package?
>
> Because I made two changes from the source.
> Do I have to make a new version?
> Or else?

It's recommended practice to keep the .orig.tar.gz pristine, i.e. the
same as upstream (so you can verify md5sums), if possible. There are
circumstances when the tarball can't be kept pristine, e.g. when it
contains non-DFSG-free parts. If that's not the case, you should
include changes in the .diff.gz, either directly or using a system
such as dpatch or CDBS's simple-patchsys.mk.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux