Re: Newbie question: missing conf file

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Justin Pryzby wrote:
I take it you are upstream as well?  I think the recommended way of
doing upstream+debian is to have the .diff include all of ./debian/,
such that other distros don't have to deal with it.  Also, that way
you can do a Debian update without an upstream update.
Yes, I'm author and Debian packager (Gentoo and PLD/Fedora in that matter, too). Removing debian/ from mainstream is a requirement or a suggestion?
It is far move convinient for me to hold everything in one CVS repository
than splitting this to pieces. I have additional files for Gentoo, for PLD and for Fedora/RedHat. Other distros are stored in the Port-linux directory, only Debian requires a specific directory to be present in the top directory. As for other distros, my DHCPv6 works even on those Windows things (sorry for cursing on the list). Oh well, they'll have to live with it.

Are you sure? I see it; I'm using dpkg-deb -c ../dibbler-client*deb -rw-r--r-- root/root 68 2005-01-30 15:34:12 ./etc/dibbler/client.conf
Problem was with old all-in-one package, which held all of those conf files. It was removed, but not purged. And I had the whole /etc/dibbler directory removed manually. Purging everything solved that.

Good job, though.
Thanks.

Short description should begin with neither a capital letter nor an
article (A or The).
Thanks for the info. lintian didn't complain about that.
[5 minutes later, after upgrading lintian]
Hmmm, ok. I have to fix that.

I notice that your .diff looks backwards though..do I misunderstand?
I'm not sure what do you mean. As mainstream already contains all dibbler stuff, the only thing that needs to be changes is path substitution. After that dpkg-buildpagage -rfakeroot generates everything, including .diff.
Do I make something wrong?

--
Tomasz Mrugalski,              | "We all know Linux is great...it does    |
spam(at)klub(dot)com(dot)pl    |  infinite loops in 5 seconds."           |