Re: Newbie question: missing conf file

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 09:17:56PM +0100, spam@klub.com.pl wrote:
> Hi
HI,

I take it you are upstream as well?  I think the recommended way of
doing upstream+debian is to have the .diff include all of ./debian/,
such that other distros don't have to deal with it.  Also, that way
you can do a Debian update without an upstream update.

> I'm trying to prepare DEB packages with Dibbler - a portable DHCPv6
> implementation. This is a multi binary package (one source and 3 binary
> deb packages). I came across following problem, which I'm unable to solve:
>
> There are 3 binary packages: dibbler-server, dibbler-client and
> dibbler-relay. Each of them has his own configuration file:
> /etc/dibbler/{client|server|relay}.conf
> This conf file is present in the DEB files, but after installation, it is
> not being copied to the /etc/dibbler directory.
Are you sure?  I see it; I'm using dpkg-deb -c ../dibbler-client*deb
-rw-r--r-- root/root        68 2005-01-30 15:34:12 ./etc/dibbler/client.conf

Good job, though.

Short description should begin with neither a capital letter nor an
article (A or The).

I notice that your .diff looks backwards though..do I misunderstand?

Justin