Re: Newbie question: missing conf file

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:27:08PM +0100, spam@klub.com.pl wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> >I take it you are upstream as well?  I think the recommended way of
> >doing upstream+debian is to have the .diff include all of ./debian/,
> >such that other distros don't have to deal with it.  Also, that way
> >you can do a Debian update without an upstream update.
> Yes, I'm author and Debian packager (Gentoo and PLD/Fedora in that matter,
> too). Removing debian/ from mainstream is a requirement or a suggestion?
A suggestion (maybe: recommendation:).

> >I notice that your .diff looks backwards though..do I misunderstand?
> I'm not sure what do you mean. As mainstream already contains all dibbler
> stuff, the only thing that needs to be changes is path substitution. After
> that dpkg-buildpagage -rfakeroot generates everything, including .diff.
> Do I make something wrong?
Well, if I'm reading the diff correctly (and I may not be):

	--- dibbler-0.4.0.orig/debian/dibbler-client.conffiles
	+++ dibbler-0.4.0/debian/dibbler-client.conffiles
	-/etc/dibbler/client.conf

Doesn't that mean that dibler-client.conffiles is having that line
removed from it (when you apply this diff)?  I guess it doesn't
matter, and I am probably just overthinking it, since you intend to
include ./debian/ in the upstream package.  Then, this diff is
meaningless.

Justin