Re: Packages that *can* provide essential services (but not always)

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:38:14AM +0000, David Given said
> On Sunday 09 January 2005 18:53, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > * David Given:
> > > Is there a correct way of tackling this kind of thing?
> >
> > Does citadel provide the /usr/lib/sendmail interface?
>
> It does, yes,

Whichever package has this will have to Conflict with
mail-transport-agent anyway, so splitting it out might be a good idea.

> although it needs a bit of setting up; which makes it a good
> candidate for the citadel-server-smtp package, right? Is there anything
> similar I should be aware of for the pop3 and imap4 servers?

Yup, there are 'pop3-server' and 'imap-server' virtual packages...how
likely is it that someone will want to run, say, courier-imap and
citadel pop3, though?

-rob

--
Words of the day:      high security Compsec Elvis NORAD 9705 Samford Road BRLO