Re: (2nd try) RFS: Erudite Directory Service Admin

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Mark Roach wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 11:41 -0500, Mark Roach wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 23:45 +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > > You can do all of the Debian-specific maintenance in a separate "debian"
> > > branch of your revision control system (you do *use* a good revision control
> > > system, don't you?) and make regular orig+diff packages.
>
> FYI, I have switched over to this method. I think it will be simpler to
> maintain. The only thing I noticed when building this way is that I get
> this warning from dpkg-source
>
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory autom4te.cache
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file autom4te.cache/traces.0
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file autom4te.cache/requests
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file autom4te.cache/output.0
>
> Is this something I need to worry about? I could obviously just have
> deleted that directory from my original tarball, but I'm curious why
> that's happening.

Don't ship the autotools cache on your tarball, please. It is begging for
trouble.

Anyway, that's just patch telling it it cannot remove files, so it left
them *untouched* (which is a very, very good reason to make sure your
debian/rules clean target rm -f everything of the sort).

  Henrique Holschuh