Re: (2nd try) RFS: Erudite Directory Service Admin

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 23:45 +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 09:25:43PM -0500, Mark Roach wrote:
> >
> > These are native packages i.e. The debian packaging info is part of the
> > upstream tarball (I am the author). It is my understanding that since
> > there is no difference between upstream and packaged versions no diff is
> > necessary... isn't this right?
>
> Maybe, maybe not.  If your only distribution you ever plan on supporting is
> Debian, then maybe it is.  However, making upstream releases to fix
> Debian-only issues (including, possibly, nothing more than a recompile for a
> new ABI) is a serious pest.
>
> You can do all of the Debian-specific maintenance in a separate "debian"
> branch of your revision control system (you do *use* a good revision control
> system, don't you?) and make regular orig+diff packages.

It sounds like you and Peter are saying pretty much the same thing. And
it did bug me just a bit to bump the version number just to change my
build-depends :-)

Yup, I use svn, which is not supported by SourceForge unfortunately. I
need to figure that situation out.

Thanks,

Mark