Re: RFS: leo -- a literate editor with outlines for X-Window

Xavier Antoviaque <xavier@plebia.org> wrote:

> Yes, I read the policy, and I know about this script. But the problem is
> that byte-compilation is specific to a version of Python, and I was
> trying to package leo for both 2.2 and 2.3. It seems, from what I have
> read since my last post, that the prefered way is still to package
> against the current version of Python.

What do you mean by "package leo for both 2.2 and 2.3"?
Does it mean that leo could be run with /usr/bin/python being either a
Python 2.2 or a Python 2.3 interpreter, or does it mean that the user
could *script* leo using either Pyton 2.2 or 2.3?

If only the former, only using the default Python version as the
interpreter should not be very limiting, should it? (but maybe leo is a
particular case, doing introspection in the interpreter, etc. Please
elaborate in this case)

--
Florent