Re: RFS: leo -- a literate editor with outlines for X-Window

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote:

> Also, upon installation you should somehow create precompiled python
> files (*.pyc). I don't know python myself, but there must be some
> preferred way to do so, iirc there is a (unofficial?) python policy.

Right. I would not say it is unofficial. It was still labelled as a
draft perhaps one year ago or so, but I cannot find that word in there
any more.

  /usr/share/doc/python/python-policy.*

Without dh_python, byte-compilation is usually done with
/usr/lib/python$PV/compileall.py. I think dh_python can byte-compile .py
files also but I haven't used it yet.

--
Florent