Re: RFS: leo -- a literate editor with outlines for X-Window

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:08:51PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 08:04:05PM +0100, Xavier Antoviaque wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I try to use the convention proposed by Rob Bradford a few weeks ago.
> >
> > Package name    : leo
> > Version         : 3.10
> > License         : Python licence
> > Upstream Author : Edward K. Ream <edream@tds.net>
> > Upstream URL    : http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html
> > Package URL     : http://foobbs.org/debian
> > NM status       : first package (no application yet)
> > GPG key ID      : 75DC 9C3D 5537 8694 A57F 1423 2FB4 F9FF 2AD1 9DF6
> > Description     : a literate editor with outlines for X-Window
>
> Some remarks, not that I'm not a Debian Developer (yet), but before leo can be
> included in Debian, these issues need to be resolved anyway

(...)

Also, upon installation you should somehow create precompiled python
files (*.pyc). I don't know python myself, but there must be some
preferred way to do so, iirc there is a (unofficial?) python policy.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl