Re: RFS: leo -- a literate editor with outlines for X-Window

On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:46:44 +0200
Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

>   /usr/share/doc/python/python-policy.*
> Without dh_python, byte-compilation is usually done with
> /usr/lib/python$PV/compileall.py.

Yes, I read the policy, and I know about this script. But the problem is
that byte-compilation is specific to a version of Python, and I was
trying to package leo for both 2.2 and 2.3. It seems, from what I have
read since my last post, that the prefered way is still to package
against the current version of Python.

> I think dh_python can byte-compile .py files also but I haven't used
> it yet.

Yes, it generates postinst and prerm scripts for that.

--
Xavier.