Re: usbmount: automatically mount and unmount USB mass storage devices

martin f krafft [u] wrote on 27/10/2004 08:29:

also sprach Martin Dickopp <martin-deb@zero-based.org> [2004.10.27.0022 +0200]:

 http://www.zero-based.org/debian/packages/usbmount_0.0.2.dsc
 http://www.zero-based.org/debian/packages/usbmount_0.0.2.tar.gz

Why did you make it a native package?

Why not? He wrote the script on Debian and is packaging it for debian (and as far as I understood him, he is not publishing any other package of it). I don't mean to say he shouldn't split it into orig.tar.gz and diff.gz, but I would like to know the rationale behind doing so.

It would be a whole different thing if he was also publishing it for other distros as a tarball (or distro-specific package). But since he doesn't, I don't see any reason not to publish it as a native package.

cu,
sven

--
---------------------[ Ciphire Signature ]----------------------
From: sm@leogic.com signed email body (675 characters)
Date: on 27 October 2004 at 15:20:17 GMT
To:   debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
: The message above has been secured using Ciphire Mail.
: Verify this signature and download your free encryption
: software at www.ciphire.com. The three garbled lines
: below are the sender's verifiable encoded signature.
00fAAAAAEAAACxvH9BowIAAE8DAAIAAgACACA2A/TLh5OLQ+MepCEvl6uasP1qfH
xCMQyETvYbx1lLXQEAJBYRBR1/e6poLe/WztivPunO4QWE+HUzT3oMoMZV6igpg8
+dWS6dcTlKO6HJE+CEMSRSlP1hyWjUrnLiLLRxpA==
------------------[ End Ciphire Signed Message ]----------------