Re: Bug# 238314 RFS: siefs - virtual fs for accessing Siemens mobiles

Hello,

I've uploaded a new package from version 0.4 at the same location.

Package name     : siefs
Version          : 0.4
Upstream Author  : Dmitry Zakharov <dmitry-z@mail.ru>
URL              : http://mirror01.iptelecom.net.ua/~dmitry_z/siefs/
License          : GPL
Description      : virtual filesystem for accessing memory of Siemens mobiles
Long Description :
 SieFS is a virtual filesystem for accessing Siemens mobile phones
 memory (flexmem or MultiMediaCard). It's possible to mount your
 phone (by datacable or IRDA) and work with it like with any other
 removable storage.

The files are at
http://weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de/computer/linux/debian/siefs/download/

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 05:55:37PM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
[...]
> Do you know that there is newer version available?
> http://mirror01.iptelecom.net.ua/~dmitry_z/siefs/
>
> It's 0.4 version and it fixes some bugs and supports some new phones, so
> you certainly should start from that source.

In fact I wasn't aware of this version even though it was uploaded the
same day I built the package for 0.2.

> As far as I looked to similar packages, all filesystems have to provide
> some mount.<name_of_filesystem> binaries.
> Take a look at shfs or smbfs if you need examples.

This was already done in the package for version 0.2 and is so in 0.4.

> Also there is problem with vmo2wav binary. It also exists in obexftp
> package. So I suppose there are three ways of fixing it:

As I mentioned in the private mail I choose the fourth way and did not
include vmo2wav until this would be settled with the maintainer of
obexftp.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 06:03:01PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> [2004.10.10.1755 +0200]:
> > Also there is problem with vmo2wav binary. It also exists in
> > obexftp package. So I suppose there are three ways of fixing it:
>
> It has no place in either, really. I suggest removing it from siefs

That's what I did in the old and new package.

> > 3) ask obexftp's maintainer to remove vmo2wav binary and create two binary
> >    packages from siefs -> siefs & vmo2wav. Then obexftp's maintainer could
> >    set obexftp dependant on vmo2wav.
>
> exactly.

I would do this in a later version, once the package is in a shape to
be uploaded.

I had some problems first with the new package but found them related
to the kernel version (both package work fine with 2.6.7-1-686 and not
with 2.6.8-1-686).

Mathias