Re: RFS: gnotify -- a notification service for many desktop-environments and WM's

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 11:24:59PM +0200, Simon MARTIN <simon.martin@gmx.at> wrote:
> , whereas version 0.8-9 is the first one that is completely
> lintian-clean (the only warnings that remain are those:
 I may be wrong on this, but for me 'lintian clean' means without
warnings even.

> W: gnotify source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.status
> W: gnotify source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
 You can remove them.

> but I've read this can be ignored when beeing sure that the noted files
> are removed by debian/rules clean, which I'm quite sure about).
 No. They are _copied there to the source_. So it's can be fixed: move
the 'ifneq' ... 'endif' block to the configure target, and do 'rm -f
config.sub config.guess' in the clean target.

> To be honest, linda still finds an error:
>
> E: gnotify; Package contains autoconf-generated files.
 It's the same like above IMHO.

> but I've absolutely no idea which files could be blamed for that. Please
> let me know what I've made wrong here.
 There are a couple of bad problems with you package. Please fill in
Build-Depends correctly (at least you have to add libgtk2.0-dev and
autotools-dev ; haven't checked for others). Use the configure target
correctly (configure-stamp), and delete the stamp files just before
dh_clean. Also please delete the commented lines (ones that has no use).

> [...], it is still quite
> possibly that I'm violating one or more Debian Policies. Please let me
> know in this case.
 You do, but you can fix it easily. Please build your package with
pbuilder in a new chroot environment. With this, you can find the
correct build-dependencies and so on.

> I'd be very thankful for any notes and / or sponsorships.
 Hope this helps to find you a sponsor, I can not be it.

Cheers,
Laszlo/GCS