Re: Issues found with diogenes

> > * I never got asked the DB admin questions, so installation
> > failed.

I think I've got it : diogenes.config tried to figure out the database
admin and password by using wwwconfig-common's mysql-localadmpass.get
(which reads /etc/mysql/my.cnf /var/lib/mysql/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf) and if
it got an answer, it did not ask the corresponding debconf questions.
I think this behaviour is not appropriate as it does not guarantee
that the said admin/password are for the correct MySQL server (it does
no checks on the host). I have dropped this bit of code altogether and
simply ask the admin/password questions regardless of the my.cnf
files. I am wondering if a bug shouldn't be filed against horde2 as it
has the same behaviour.

Anyhow, diogenes 0.9.9.3-4 fixes this, can you possibly confirm that
the installation works as expected?

This still leaves the "communicating via console" problem if you
choose "Other" as a webserver, I'll wait for your thoughts on the
subject.

Cheers!
Jeremy

--