Re: looking for sponsor - giac, computer algebra system

Carlos Enrique Carleos Artime <carleos@www.uica.info> schrieb:

>> Do you have plans to become a Debian Developer, by the way?
>
> I used to have, but lately I've been too busy.  I hope that,
> in a few months, I will be again following debian-devel et al.,
> and rethinking about becoming a DD.

No DD is obliged to read debian-devel (if everybody did, it would
probably be even more crowded...)

>> Or reformulate it so that everybody can get the meaning.
>
> E.g. "I have written man pages, as there was none." ?

Yes. Or just "Added manpages for...". Don't forget to submit them
upstream (btw. I'd put the "written for Debian" note below, in the
AUTHORS section, it isn't needed in the description).

Regards, Frank

P.S. It would be good to have a short comparison to other computer
algebra systems in Debian, e.g. in the package description. ("Why/when
should I prefer this one over others?")
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie