Iuusues when packaging libraries..

Hello,

I am responsible for the package htdig. Htdig is a full-text indexer for (local) sites, ie. will generate a full-text (searchable) index of that site. The thing is written in C++, and comes with loads of libraries. While the procedure described in the various manuals (the shlibs system) is great if you have very few libraries that do not interdepend, it is imo not a solution for cases like mine (over 30 libraries, that interdepend).

Hence my mail to this list. I am looking for a solution to package those libs, if possible without getting warnings like:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for (libraryname-version.so)

Robert Ribnitz
(htdig maintainer)