Re: debian/rules not running ./configure

On Oct 26, Zenaan Harkness (zen@aaroncommercial.com) wrote:
 > BTW, how can I make dpkg-buildpackage give me verbose output of what it's doing
 > - ie. I want to figure out why it does not run ./configure (properly?) ??

Make will echo all commands unless they are prefixed with '@', so remove that
character from the beginning of any commands (the lines with a leading TAB).

Set DH_VERBOSE=1 to see what the debhelper commands are doing in more detail
(just an FYI, that does not seem to be the problem here).

You can figure out the dependencies and then execute them individually instead
of via dpkg-buildpackage.  For example, if some of the targets are
config.status, build, and binary, then execute:

$ fakeroot debian/rules config.status
$ fakeroot debian/rules build
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

one at a time, and look closely at the output to see that it does what you
expect it to do.

You can also just look at what /usr/bin/dpkg-buildpackage does, it's just a
Perl script.

Make is so ubiquitous that I think you should step back and learn more about
how make works, since you seem to be unfamiliar with it.  Here's your
opportunity :-)

--
Neil Roeth