Re: debian/rules not running ./configure

What happens when you do debian/rules config.status?

$ ./debian/rules config.status
dh_testdir
# Add here commands to configure the package.
CFLAGS=-Wall -g -O2 ./configure --host=i386-linux --build=i386-linux
--prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man
--infodir=\${prefix}/share/info
/bin/sh: line 1: -g: command not found
make: *** [config.status] Error 127

> Is there a config.status already in the package? It might have the same
> timestamp as configure. This would be an error.

It doesn't appear to have one.

> It looks okay to me. But maybe your configure script isn't an autoconf
> script, because only autoconf configure scripts produce config.status.
This appears to be the case. Can we add a simple touch config.status
line somewhere to do the job?

tia
zen