Re: Some debconf questions

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> schrieb:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> frank@alhambra:~$ debconf-show tetex
>> Configuration database "frankdb" was not initialized.
>> Probably it would be better if you point me to some documentation so
>> that I don't have to bother the list. There no occurence of "init" in
>> debconf(7), debconf-devel(7) or debconf-show(1).
> debconf.conf(5)
> Your file is also messed up in that it seems to refer to a *single*
> database, "frankdb" for both config and templates. They must be separate
> databases.

Thank you. Indeed I didn't read debconf.conf(5) thorouhgly. Once I had
found the sentence "that /etc/debconf.conf makes a good template for a
personal ~/.debconfrc file" I just did it trial and error, and once I
didn't get error messages from debconf-copydb for the first time I had
forgotten that I didn't really understand what I did in .debconfrc.

Excuse me, and thank you for answering all the questions of people here,
instead of just writing (or thinking) RTFM.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie