Re: Some debconf questions

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

[some debconf answers]

thank you.

> Debconf does not understand ~ for home in .debconfrc. Try using
> environment variable expansions: ${HOME}

Oh, thank you. ~ is a sh thing, of course. However, now it says

frank@alhambra:~$ debconf-show tetex
Configuration database "frankdb" was not initialized.

Probably it would be better if you point me to some documentation so
that I don't have to bother the list. There no occurence of "init" in
debconf(7), debconf-devel(7) or debconf-show(1).

Thank you,
Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie